Thursday, February 4, 2010
Neat and tidy?
I've been thinking lately about the different types of art and artists. I've seen really neat/fastidious artists who's work spaces are impeccably tidy and they have plans and great organization. Then there are folks like me. I know where things are but there is no massive structured organization. I have paint EVERYWHERE and seem to always have one thing that I am looking for that takes time to find. I wish that I were more uber-organized, but I'm not. I call my studio 'organized chaos'.
Perhaps that lend itself to my work. Perhaps that is why I love abstract work so much. There are basic art rules but you can run with your own in many cases. I don't want my work to look like someone else's. I admire many artists and learn from them. I like taking ideas away to use in my work but I don't feel the need to copy them. There are SO many talented folks out there and I'm humbled by their talents. I'm hoping that I can learn as much as possible to expand my capabilities and have it reflect positively in my work.
I have always been a bit of a pack rat. I was always afraid to get rid of everything because invariably the one thing I get rid of is the one thing I need 3 weeks later. However, I am changing my perspective on 'stuff'. I'm trying to see it as a reflection of mind. A Feng Shui thing if you will. I do think that getting rid of clutter makes more room for other things. I am in the process with the rest of my house of doing that (in between the myriad of mountainous chores just waiting in the wings for my attention). I'm actually afraid of my laundry room. If I go in there, they may have to send in a search party.
I'm hoping that my elimination of 'stuff' will open new doors for me creatively speaking. For the most part I've got the downstairs covered, however, the bigger beast is upstairs - sticking it's proverbial tongue out at me and saying "Show me what you got!". Alas, I am daunted by the task. I do feel though that once I've finished the de-cluttering process my art will open up. It's hard to work in the studio when I have loads of laundry staring at me and dishes in the sink. I'm sure you, dear reader, understand.
I guess I'm just rambling today. My mission, should I accept, is to get more organized, clear clutter and create, create, create! I have a few paintings waiting on me right now (in various stages). I've FINALLY loaded some pictures of my newer work which I'll start posting today. Granted, the picture quality is not what I would like but I'll jump one hurdle at a time.
Enjoy dear reader and have a juicy day!
~Peace
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment