Thursday, May 20, 2010

DOH!

Apologies for the delay in writing...it's been quite busy around our home.


I've been working in our ever growing organic garden and alas have not had the time I've wanted for working in the studio.


I sadly was not chosen for the recen local exhibition that I submitted for but it was a great learning experience.  I now know more of what to expect and that's a good thing.


I'll be starting a work for the next submission coming up in June.  That should be interesting because the focus is on the color Orange.  What a cool challenge.


I've also been presented with a potential opportunity to be an artist-in-residence for a local private school.  I'm very excited about that possibility.  We'll see how/if that actually pans out this Fall.


Wish I had more to talk about on the painting front, but nothing new lately.  I plan to begin working on a large painting in the next few days.  I have some supplies that I need to pick up before I begin.  How exciting - this will be my biggest work yet.


Well dear readers, I'll close now.  I hope to be posting new work very shortly.  In the meantime, if you would like to see the bulk of my work to date, you can go to Blue Canvas online and look for Michelle Alexander and see my work.  I would welcome the feedback.


Peace to you all~
MIchelle

No comments:

Post a Comment