Friday, June 25, 2010

It's in!

Well, I submitted one of my works for a possible exhibit.  The title of the Exhibition is "Nothing Rhymes with Orange".  I had one painting that seemed a good fit so we'll just have to wait and see.  I dropped it off today.  The next Exhibition drop off is for Artists that have never exhibited before.  I guess depending upon how this one goes, I may or may not be able to submit work.  The next ones drop off date is July 15th.  Just around the corner.


I'm really hoping that one day one of my works will be accepted for exhibition.  We'll see though.


I also was at the doctors office today and he mentioned that I should exhibit there.  I might want to think about that.  Also, another doctor friend of mine talked about possibly commissioning a work from me.  Who knows?


I do have to write up a brief Bio for my middle son's school.  I'm to be the Artist-in-Residence this Fall.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'm a bit nervous, but excited.


I have done something to my neck and have to go to PT for it.  I'm hoping that it won't interfere too much with my painting (which I plan on diving into more and more).  I would love to begin selling my work.  I wanted a solid body of work completed prior to doing that. The idea that someone would want to purchase one of my paintings is just so awesome to me.  I would be a really happy camper on that day.


Well, it's so hot I'll just have to say I hope that you are able to find something indoors to do to enjoy beauty.


~Peace
Michelle


Here is the piece that I submitted today:



The Other Side - Spring 2010
Acrylic, Acrylic inks and Mixed Media on Canvas
20 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment