Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Light

I was surfing through Blue Canvas today and an oil painter's work caught my eye.


His use of the oils to create such amazing light just really struck me.  I was wondering how he got to that color combination to create such amazing light and how I might recreate that within my own paintings.  Granted, his work is representational and in oil and mine in acrylic and abstract, but I want to really work to see if I can recreate that sense of light within my work.


Light is something that I'm always drawn to in paintings.  Either the lack of it with a small focus of light or a bright, vibrant scene with light that is encompassing everything.  Isn't it amazing the variations of light on the same subject and how it can completely change the impression or meaning to the viewer?  Like Monet's study on the haystacks.  Creates a completely different mood all based on light.


Anyway...I'm going to march my butt up to the studio and get back to work.  I think I'll do more research on creating or better utilizing light within my work and see how that turns out.  Perhaps I can use this in the new series that I'll start based upon the painting I've done, Sentinels.  We'll see.


Hope everyone has a fabulous day!


~Peace
Michelle 



Untitled - (Spring 2010)
16 x 20 - Acrylic, Acrylic inks on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment