Hey Gang....
Had a wonderful meeting last night with my first official commission - getting that kicked off. I'm going to start working on it later today.
The other paintings are also 'still in progress'.
On the home-front, the upstairs AC is fixed. Thank goodness! However, when the fellow came in to tell me he was done, he asked for some Benedryl. I asked him if a bee had stung him, he said no, a very large spider. He had 2 large puncture marks on the inner side of his forearm and it was swelling. I gave him Benedryl and he left to go get checked out by a doctor. I felt so bad that this poor guy came to help us and ended up getting bitten by some very large spider in our yard. I went out later to look and didn't see any signs of a spider web or anything...not sure where it came from. I am normally not at all freaked out by spiders but now I'm freaking out a bit after seeing his bite. The scary part about it is that from what I saw online, it looked like a brown recluse bite. I had a friend in college that was bitten by a brown recluse and she had to have 1/4 of her arm removed. It was terrible. I certainly hope that this gentleman is okay.
My best friend's daughter (my honorary niece) had her first child Monday - a little girl named Sage. She's very sweet. Welcome Sage!!!
So as you can see, this week so far (and it's only Wednesday) is moving along just like a roller coaster.
I'm babysitting right now but this afternoon I'm going to begin in the studio. So glad the AC is fixed. There is no way that I could paint in that heat. I'm sure it would affect the paints and mediums as well.
I got a new Blick art supply catalog. While I don't usually buy anything from them, it's always fun to look at all the art goodies. So many things and so little time. :D
Well, tired and going to take a quick break before getting started on the rest of the day. A siesta if you will.
Enjoy your day and hope you are nice and cool wherever you are!
~Peace
Michelle
Glad you got your a/c fixed. But ooh, very scary about the spider bite!
ReplyDeleteI haven't bought anything from Blick for years. Been getting supplies from ASW Express online and I've heard Utrecht is a good place to shop too. But, like you, I love looking at art supplies in any catalog. :)
--Susan
I know what you mean. It's like Christmas with all the oooing and aaahhhing. LOL
ReplyDeleteI usually buy a lot of my supplies at Jerry's Artarama because it's here in town and they have great sales and selection. I've not checked out ASW but I will. Thanks for the tip. :D
Great to hear from you!
~Michelle