I hope that everyone is doing well and busy creating! I've been busy even in the midst of personal chaos. :)
I finished up my last solo exhibition on Nov. 4th. I actually sold two paintings (yay). The exhibiting location said they have never had an artist sell any of their work so far...so I was the first. One gentleman in particular bought a painting that reminded him of his recently deceased wife and it really touched him. This was 'Love's Experience', one of my few collage pieces that I've completed. That is what makes it so great to be an artist...to have someone connect that closely with something you've created. I'm just so glad to have been a part of honoring this gentleman's loving memories of his wife.
(Love's Experience - 2011)
So....What have you been busy in the studio, kitchen counter or garage creating? New art journal pages? New media experimentation? Getting ready for the Art of the Carolinas? Spill the beans. :)
I actually have been quite sick for the last couple of months. I've gone from bronchitis, sinusitis and back to probably bronchitis again. Thank the stars for the gift of antibiotics. I am feeling so much better. In the few days I felt good in between I did actually manage to work on some new pieces. I'm going to update the blog today with a few of them.
Well, just wanted to say I'm so glad to be back. Ready to go now that I'm feeling better and can't wait to get back in my studio again!
Wishing you all a lovely Fall day!
Go get crazy with paints and brushes (or whatever your medium may be) :)
~Peace
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment