Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Bee

Wow...been busy lately.  How about you?


I donated two paintings to the VAE's 'For the Love of Art' Auction & Gala (2/4/12) being held at the Raleigh Marriott and took one of my newest paintings to the VAE for the 'Open Source' exhibition.  It's not a juried exhibition but it is a good way to get my name out there.  Who knows, maybe someone will want to take my painting home. (I can dream - LOL)


The newest painting is the second to my first painting 'Sentinel'.  I have mainly worked in brighter color palettes and this is my foray into more muted color schemes.  I've always been a very spiritual person and this ties into that part of my personality.  There is an etheric quality about it that I really liked so I thought, what the heck, I'll give a shot at a whole series.  Wish me luck. :)


So what really cool things are you working on? 


Have some canvases that are calling my name upstairs.  I have cleaned up my paint space and canvases are laid out and waiting for some color.  Still need to go by Jerry's and pick up more canvases.  I had said that I wanted to try my hand at some smaller paintings...so that will help me accomplish that one.  I still say that I feel much more intimidated by small canvases than large...not sure why. Very curious indeed. :)


Well, really tired.  Had a busy but really great weekend and I need to get some sleep.  Hope you all have a great Tuesday!


~Peace
Michelle 


First Piece in my series: Sentinel - acrylic, mixed media - 2010 - 








2nd Piece: Arrival - 36x24 - acrylic, mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas - 2012




(not the best picture but there we have it) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment