Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stirring the creative pot

Fellow art-junkies, I don't have much to share with you today BUT I did run across the work of an artist that I'm not familiar with, Sargam Griffin.  I found a video of hers on YouTube and will put the link in the blog today.  


I love her philosophy and thoughts on art, very similar to my own.  Her work is of course exponentially better than mine but I feel I could learn so very much from her techniques.  If you're interested, check it out.





So the recurring theme I'm finding lately is 'try oils'.  I've been a watercolor, acrylic, mixed media gal for years and now the oils are tapping me on the shoulder.  I have to be honest, I always found that many of the oil painters I had encountered were elitist that acrylics/mixed media wasn't 'real' painting.  I guess that left a bad taste with me so I turned my back on oils.  (Please note that there were only a few painters that did that...most folks are great!)


Anyway...I think that perhaps I must try this thing that I have been avoiding.  Thoughts from the gallery on best methods of diving into the oil scene?  


Enjoy Sargam's video...beautiful work!


~Peace
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment