Sunday, July 26, 2009

Abstract insights...


I went to Jerry's Artorama yesterday to see a portion of Joe DiGuilio's art demo (does acrylic abstracts). He and I spoke and I was able to pick up some great pointers. I also picked up some new materials and feel ready to go.

I walk into my studio and see my work on the easel waiting for me. It's wrong the way it is. I'm going to start over. It just doesn't feel right. I had some ideas right before I woke up this morning so we'll see how that goes.

Am I the only one who has all of these really juicy ideas and when I face the canvas they completely evaporate? It's not always the case but recently it's been that way. I just need more time in the studio to work. Lately that has been at a minimum with family needing things. I just need to lock myself in the studio and work.

The paintings you see on the site are mine. It took some pictures of my work today but they're not the best quality photos - I'll have better ones taken later. For now,you can see some of my work (both in painting and soon to be uploaded, fiber arts).

~Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment