It's Monday. Still trying to wake up and get going. Very excited to get to the studio today after getting the kids settled with activities of their own. I have some ideas of what to do with the painting I'm working on and re-working one that I finished but just don't like.
Lately I've been fascinated with urban art and it's influence on art as a whole. There is enormous cross-over between urban art and traditional art now. Many of the former 'Street Artists' are holding shows of their own. It's interesting how it has evolved and how it's gone more main stream. Reviewing their art sparks ideas of my own.
I've really liked some of the mixed-media work I've seen as well. There is a display at the NCMA that is made of predominantly of old tires. It's amazing. The more I see, the more my brain gets spinning. I guess that is the key.
I want to find that place that speaks simply but profoundly to me and then be able to translate on canvas. Wish me luck.
Stop and enjoy some art today.
~Michelle
NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all paintings posted are mine. (other types of art included)
No comments:
Post a Comment