I've shied away from oils for many reasons. One main reason is that it appeared too slow for me. Perhaps I need to try it if nothing else to experience that slowness in painting, to have time for a painting to evolve at a more paced rate. One of the reasons I love Acrylics so much is the instant gratification. It dries so quickly I can move to other things. Yet that quickness does come at a price sometimes when I would love to take my time with blending, etc... Thankfully the kind folks who make the 80 million different mediums for Acrylics have come up with extending media that helps slow the drying time to more or less mimmic Oils.
So what does all this mean for today? Just musings on how much any passion you have (art, cooking, etc) reflects life. There are wonderful things that can be attained quickly and there are equally wonderful things that take more time. I'm sure eventually I'll break down and work in Oils. For now, I'm still seduced by the world of Acrylics.
Slowing down wouldn't be a bad thing. I can even try that with my Acrylics - paint a bit and then stop and really feel what it is that I'm trying to create. Be more zen-like in my pursuit.
That's it for today. Go today and appreciate some art. Whether it be architecture that interests you or that painting or pottery in a building that you pass. Stop to remember that whether you like it or not, it took someone time and inspiration to create it. They put a little bit of themselves into that object, painting or building. The act of you stopping and thinking about it is gratitude in itself.
Go enjoy some art today or better yet, make some yourself! Doodle, draw - express, express, express! :D
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment