On other topics - I picked up a DVD from Joe DiGuillio (local abstract artist) a while back and will watch that again today. It's so amazing how much you pick up each time you watch an artist work. The nuances and techniques are fascinating. I feel like the caterpillar in the cocoon working on becoming something new - an emerging artist. :)
I was sitting in a doctor's office yesterday and they have prints from the NCMA on the walls. I stood and stared thinking about what that artist was feeling when they painted. Why they chose the colors they did. How did they come up with the composition, the tones, the interesting contrasts. When I go to art museums I love to walk up close and really see the brush strokes. I think to myself, wow, someone's hand made that movement - their energy is transfered to that canvas captured for all to see for posterity. Sometimes when I look at some of the Impressionist work, the lighting alone almost brings tears to my eyes. They had such a gift of bringing such great light to their work. To me it's then a living thing staring back at me - it's inner light shining through the colors of the paint the master used.
I have no plans for my art other than to create and if others like it then that's just an added bonus. I might end up this old lady with stacks and stacks of paintings tucked here, there and everywhere. But I do have to confess that I would be tickled to walk into a building or someone's home and see one of my pieces hanging on their wall. Just knowing that what I created meant so much to someone else that they wanted to look at it every day would be such an honor.
Either way, I plan on having some fun. Who knows where this will all take me - maybe just further in my imagination but it's the journey that matters and not the destination, right?
With life so ripe with challenges, chaos and opportunities we all have to look up sometimes or we'll miss it. That said, hope you all have a juicy day!
~Michelle
PS. Still borrowing my husbands laptop. I hope to soon have more art posted to my blog page.
No comments:
Post a Comment