Sunday, August 30, 2009

First week

The first week of school has ended. Insert much joy. Both of our sons seem to like school so far and that is a bonus. Our youngest is REALLY liking being in first grade. We've had issues in the past and he had a 'green' week - so we made a huge deal over that one. Our older son has found a new friend who carpools with us in the mornings. I'm very grateful for that. He's needed someone around his age to relate to.

New beginnings. I'm really hoping that this school year is a great one for both of our sons.

I'm also hoping that I can get my butt up and really throw myself into painting/sewing/etc as much as possible this year. I'd love to actually have a showing (that's ambitious I know). You never know...perhaps people will like it. If not, I can at least claim that I had a showing of my work.

It's Sunday and overcast. The weather is going to make a sharp turn to the 60's by tomorrow. I guess now is my sharp turn as well. It's time for me to make some big changes and put my money where my mouth is and really get focused - not only with my work but with many other things in my life. My meditation practice, my home, my family. Being more present and really available to myself as well. I tend to put myself on the back burner a lot. I'm learning to take better care of 'me' as well. That is not easy for me but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Well, enjoy your Sunday. Do something out of the ordinary or just take a nap. Naps are good.

Peace

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment