I'm very ready for Fall. In fact it is my favorite time of the year. The earth changing her cloak of colors and the smells and air and light contributing to this feeling of expectation (at least for me).
We're still in the mode to get the house back in order after the contractor work. I can't wait for that to happen then my studio will be empty of other room 'stuff''. I am itching to get paint on my hands and canvas covered. There is a friend of mine at the meditation group (or Sangha) that I belong to that is also an artist. She works in oils and does some amazing work. There is a chance that we'll get to do some work together. Perhaps she can show me how to use oils since I've shied away from them for so long. It's always good when you can learn something new.
I have colored my hair. Well, I've streaked my hair with blue. I've been wanting to do that for a while and just finally up and did it. It's funny how the public has been so responsive to it. That was something I wasn't expecting. I'm getting a lot of compliments on it. I'm frankly pleasantly surprised. The other thing that I'm going to do is get my first tattoo - probably next week sometime. I'm more than likely getting the OM symbol in the inside of my left arm near my wrist. I want a constant reminder of mindfulness. I'm a very visual person as you might have guessed and seeing that on my arm will be a 'reset' button if you will.
Anyway...I'm listening to the cats run and play like a heard of elephants tromping through the house. It's amazing how much noise two small cats can make. My computer seems REALLY dead. We'll be taking it to a repair person next week so wish me luck. All my music/art/etc is on that stupid thing. Still borrowing time on my husband's laptop. I really don't like doing that. It is like borrowing paper from someone's diary to me for some reason. I don't know. I guess I'm just weird.
Enough of my ramblings. Go and do something totally spontaneous. Pay for the lunch of the person in front of you or buy flowers and give one to the salesperson. Go crazy ;D!
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment