Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sleep

It's Tuesday morning and the 6 year old is doing his best impression of a Jedi knight. I'm SO tired. He decided late last night to sneak in the bed with me and proceed to kick me and generally continue to climb on me until I couldn't sleep. Ah, sleep, so elusive sometimes.

My husband had to have a sleep study last night. It confirmed what I thought - sleep apnea. I know that sleep has been a constant source of stress for him. I'm hoping that now we know he has it he'll be sleeping better in the future (and not stealing the covers as much - okay so maybe we can just hope for better sleep) lol

Sleep is one of those things we sometimes try to avoid like the plague and at other times, beg for. And why is it that either right before you wake up in the morning or just after you've become awake that you find that PERFECT spot on the bed with the pillow and the covers? Sometimes there is no justice.

Where am I going with all of this? Nowhere in particular. Just hoping that with more sleep I'll have more energy to devote in the studio (and my husband's improved sleep will make him more rested). Unfortunately with some recent events around the house I've had zero time to paint. Sad but true. I hope to have some new works completed soon and will share them with you all as soon as they are done.

In the meantime, have a restful day!

~Michelle

PS. Still mooching time on my husbands laptop so alas no artwork updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment