Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunny Day

It has turned out to be a beautiful day today. The humidity is low and the sky is bright blue with those lovely fluffy white clouds. There is a bit of a breeze and feels really nice.

Just grateful for such a lovely day. Our son is better (they think he had a touch of H1N1) and that is a relief. So far no one else has come down with it (perhaps it was the maniacal use of bleach, sanitizer and quarantining). :)

No painting so far, however I did buy a small book on authentic creativity. It had a chapter on procrastination and so forth. Very interesting book. I'm supposed to have dinner with a dear friend from the meditation Sangha that I belong to and we're going to talk art, painting and whatever else comes to mind before meditation tomorrow night. It should be a lot of fun. It's going to be great to hear things from the oil painting side of the house. Throw ideas around and so forth.

I want to take a professional painting class - for example, there are several established local abstract artists that have private lessons...that is what I would like to do. I could get a feel of where I fall into the spectrum of art or if I just fall. LOL

Besides art, things have been hectic as one would expect with a home with children and pets. They are out of school tomorrow and I'll have to figure out what to do so that they don't want to park themselves in front of the XBOX all day. Not going to happen. My computer is definitely dead as a doorknob. I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks that I'll be getting my own laptop so that I can once again start loading my work to the blog and not having to mooch time on my husbands laptop. I'm sure he would like to have it back all to himself.

I've been in a thoughtful mood today. My usual 'deep thoughts' and some brooding. Not sure where it is coming from, but it's here. So - hello weird mood. I get very frustrated with myself for not going ahead and clearing out the rest of the stuff from the studio so I can paint. I also get frustrated with myself for not getting out and making the time to walk/jog, whatever. I let other peoples activities and wants/needs get in the way usually. I will have to carve out some time for myself and not answer calls (unless it's the kid's schools, etc) so that I can do these things or I never will. It's all too easy as a mother to let everything else go first. You don't even realize that it is happening then one day you wake up and realize that many of the things you had intended on accomplishing have slipped by you. So I just need to put up or shut up and get my butt in gear. :)

Anyway...here is to you all enjoying your day immensely!

~Peace
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment