Friday, October 9, 2009

New Art

Some of my friends they are puzzled and others they think it's cool but I received my second piece of body art Wednesday evening. I worked on a design with my tattoo artist and I now have a lovely Art Nouveau butterfly on the inner right forearm. I love it. He did such detailed work. Another of the artists there said he would not have attempted it. It's truly beautiful. This guy knows his stuff.

So technically I have worked on some art, albeit in a different direction. I did manage to clean out most of my studio and getting back in the creative vibe. I needed it. It's been rather stressful in our house lately. So much to do an so very little time to do it. I think the candle that I've been burning at both ends is just about to meet.

I'm sure my story is not dissimilar from other peoples stories. Life appears to have sped up, or has it? Perhaps we have just found more crap to do in the time allotted. Maybe I am involving myself in things out of a sense of obligation or distraction and not intent. I've started running on auto-pilot all too often and want to get off the ride. It's not hard to look around the house and see what I've not done or started yet. Then I have to remember that I'm part of a family and that I don't have to tackle all this by myself. That I can stand up and ask for help or better yet, they say 'hey, I'll get that'...okay, maybe the last part is a real stretch but a girl can dream right?

Anyway...trying to be mellow on this truly lovely Fall day. I'm going to grab something to eat soon and sit in the yard and enjoy the cool breeze and try not to think of the looming pile of 'stuff' that is waiting to be completed in the house. I just want to ground and center and clear my mind today. Tomorrow will be a busy one so I'll need the added rest. Very tired from steam cleaning the downstairs yesterday. That machine kicked my butt. I'm still sore from lugging that thing around.

Anyway...hope you get out to enjoy this gift of a day as well.

~Peace
Michelle

PS. Well, the laptop that I thought I'd be getting is probably postponed until further notice, so you'll have to look at my same boring painting for a while. (unless I just go find some free images online)

No comments:

Post a Comment