It's a lovely cold, gray day here today. There is a chance that we'll actually get some snow or at least sleet today. The kids are all praying heartily for snow. I like snow but hate the ice.
I like days when it might snow - you get that certain smell and things get really quiet. Have you ever noticed the quiet that you hear when it is snowing? I LOVE that. It helps me to stop and slow down and think.
I think about how great it would be to be able to wrap up all those feelings about winter/snow/quietude into a really cool painting. Would it be stark or would it be vibrant? The possibilities are endless.
Today is the kids last day of school before the winter break. I am really hoping to steal a lot of time away for me to paint, paint and paint some more. No rushing kids lunches and nagging to brush teeth and comb hair and where is your homework, etc... No dashing to pick up or to volunteer or to take to the bus stop. A small bit of calm in the waves of our daily life will be vastly welcome.
Sadly, I've still not found the cable to the camera. I'm hoping Santa is really nice and fixes that problem for me. It's really sad to have a blog about your art when you can't post it. *sigh*
Anyway, with the holiday whirlwind of events coming up I'm not sure how often I'll post.
I hope for you a Happy Yule, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa or just plain Peace!
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment