Sunday, January 24, 2010

New materials

Went out this weekend and bought some new supplies. I tried a technique last week that totally didn't turn out like I expected but I liked it anyway.

I'm trying to build a body of work so that I can actually show someone my work. I would like to set up my web page soon and set up a 'small business'. If I'm really going to make this my dream career I've got to get off my butt and really push forward.

I have so much to learn but I'm ready. This year has been a little challenging so far (and it's only January). I'm determined to make this a great year.

The meditation and focus on dealing with life from a position of mindfulness is helping me to take things in stride. Whether I succeed or fail with my art I will have given it my all. I won't stop creating even if I never sell a thing. I'm making art for me.

I've been to the book stores and there are so many collage/painting/paper arts books. The problem I have with them is that they all look alike. I like some of the techniques but I have no interest in following the trend-du-jour. I don't want my work to look like everyone else's. I want it to be unique (like everybody else - inside joke).

Anyway back to brainstorming and letting the paints take me where they will!

Side note: If you can, please send your support in some way to the people of Haiti. They are in dire need and anything you can do (no matter how small) counts - especially your healing energy/prayers.

~Peace
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment