Friday, January 1, 2010

New thoughts...

Here we are. The beginning of a new decade. It feels funny to say that.

I hadn't really thought about the fact that the first decade of the new century has now passed until last night.

What will this new decade hold (much less this new year)? For whatever triumphs and heartaches that may come our way I am hoping that they/it will hold great promise. We are all going through rapid changes and growth. New ideas are shared seemingly at light speed and we humans struggle to catch up. I think we're up to the task.

Anyway...

I have created my own 'intentions' instead of 'resolutions' for this new year. Are you ready? Here they are:

1. Listen more and talk less
2. Be more 'present' (for family, friends, strangers, the world)
3. Adopt more healthy/mindful eating habits
4. Dive into my painting and let creativity run rampant :D
5. Release my fears of self judgements or inadequacy

My studio awaits me and I have been avoiding it. I did some work and LOVED it but was afraid that was the best that I had. I realize that in order to get better and better at it I have to work harder and more often.

This is the year of my emergence as an Artist. I'm determined to work harder and learn more and express, express and express!!!!

Where ever this year takes us - I'm determined to be my more 'authentic' self.

I wish for everyone a truly amazing, joyful and wondrous year (and decade). I think we're on the cusp of a new way of life/thinking. Let's all IMAGINE what life can be.

Peace to you all and Happy New Year/Decade!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment