I'm not sure where that term came from but it seems appropriate today. I have so many irons in the fire I'm just ready for a break.
That said I've not painted at all this week. That always makes me feel out of touch. Then I have to work harder to be in the swing of things. I still have several paintings in progress. I have one in particular that I know I want to do more to, but haven't the foggiest of what yet. It's actually pretty cool (if I must say so) just as it is, but I KNOW it needs something else. Just one of those vibes.
The others I know they're in progress and need more work...I'm not as ambivalent about them. I've seen some new things with melted plastic that I thought to include in some future works. Very cool way of recycling some materials. I'm all about some Green Art. :)
On another note, I am still struggling with the timing of my work. For instance, when the kids are in the house I just can't paint because I'm always mitigating a minor war or herding cats to do homework. I can't just go in and start working with the door closed because I can hear them and that just dampens any ability to be creative. In general it's tough even when I'm alone because I have to watch the clock to get the kids from school. The windows of opportunity sometimes are very small. I just have to get more creative on how I use those windows of time.
I'm going to attach another picture of a more recent work below. I still have to solve the poor photography issue. We only have a relatively inexpensive digital camera and so my ability to get really awesome pictures that pop is limited. I will do some digging and see what I can come up with.
Well, hope everyone has a great day.
~Peace
Michelle
Untitled - Acrylic, acrylic inks, light modeling paste - 12 x 16 on canvas

No comments:
Post a Comment