Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's been a while





(Above - "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" - Acrylic, acrylic inks on canvas - 16x24 - Spring 2010)




Greetings!
Life has a way of keeping us tied up and away from doing all the things we want to do.  Alas, I've been in that loop for a while - hence the lack of new blogs.


A lot has gone on in the last month or so.  I've officially applied for my business license and now have my own business cards.  (Michelle Alexander Studio)  This Friday I'm going to submit 2 pieces of work to the Visual Art Exchange in downtown Raleigh.  I hope that they'll pick one of my works but even being considered is really cool.  I'm honestly not expecting to be picked, but this is a good learning experience on how the whole process works.  Have to start somewhere, right?


I had a flurry of painting energy about 3 weeks ago and finished 5 paintings.  Since then I've been busy with family things and the getting the garden established so I've not been in my studio.  It is always weird when that happens because when I do go back in, I have to get my 'groove' back.  If that makes sense.


I have my work posted to Blue Canvas - so if you search for Michelle Alexander on their site, you'll find my work.  I still plan to keep the blog going.  It's a nice place to put my thoughts down even if no one will probably read it.


Wishing everyone a beautiful spring day.


~Peace
Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment