Thursday, April 29, 2010

Big Day



Nestled Raven - 25x25 acrylic on wood substrate - Spring 2010




Tomorrow is a big day for me.  I will be submitting 2 of my works for consideration for an exhibit in downtown Raleigh.  I've got to finish up on some prep things but other than that, we're ready to go.  How exciting and scary all at the same time.


I've not been back in the studio for a few weeks.  It seems I get a burst of energy to create and in a mad frenzy paint several paintings in a few days.  Then there will be a lull.  As if I have used up my creative fire for a bit and then there is some recuperation time. 


I'm actually quite tired today.  I've been working hard in the yard and garden preparing it and planting and taking care of it.  Gardening is much harder than it seems.  Weeding, protecting from bugs, fertilizing, etc....  I'm really hoping that we'll have a nice payoff this summer with lovely veggies to can and eat.


I'll attach another one of my newer paintings at the top in case anyone is interested.


Well, have a great day...I'm just trying to get my butt in gear.  I'm dragging.


Peace~
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment