I had a great evening last night. I went to our local Visual Art Exchange Abstract Artist group meeting. I met some really talented folks. The work that was brought in was really quite stunning. There were many suggestions on my work that I thought was very helpful. It was great to be among 'like minds'. :)
I'm working on my biggest painting to date. It's going to take a while because of what I have in mind but I am excited to see how it turns out.
OH...almost forgot. A dear doctor friend of mine has commissioned a painting from me. YAAAAY! I'm very excited to get started on it! I am thinking of going with the same size canvas that I'm working on now, 36x60 (I think). We've tossed around some colors and I think I'm going to love painting it.
It will be easier to paint when the kids are back in school in a few weeks. They're loving being out right now. I'm trying to get them in the studio as well...my youngest is the only one that appears vaguely interested. The call of movies and games pulls them away from my idea. :)
Well, I have to say I'm honored and excited to have met some really talented folks this week and seen their work. I was also very encouraged in what I'm doing. It's fascinating what I really like and what others like. Hearing the interpretations from others is really cool...we see so much that is alike and so much that is very different.
Well, I'm rambling. Notice something beautiful in your life today!
~Peace
Michelle
Acrylic and Pouring Media - 20x20 on canvas
Spring 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment