Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mixed Bag

Okay, so I'm expanding my art support horizon...I'm going to try painting on MDF.


I've read so much and have seen many works that were painted on MDF and thought I would give it a go.  If any of you have feedback on this, let me know.  I'd be interested to see what your likes/dislikes were.


I do love a smooth surface to work on.  I guess that is why I sand so much in between layers of Gesso.  I do admit that sometimes I like the canvas just the way it is depending on what I'm doing (something that needs more 'teeth' to it, etc).  


Anyway, so I bought an MDF board, somewhat large, about 2 feet by 4 feet. I'm eager to get going on that.  Who knows what it will become. :)


Also, as a heads up for anyone who is interested - The Visual Art Exchange will be accepting applications for their UNFETTERED exhibition.  If you're interested, check out the Visual Art Exchange of Raleigh's website: http://visualartexchange.org/april2011.php.  The deadline is February 15th.  I was so lucky to have one of my paintings exhibited for the first time last year by the VAE.  I would be tickled pink if it happened again.  I guess you could say my dream is to be able to one day, walk into a gallery and see my works on the walls. You never know, maybe one day I will.


Also if you're interested, Jerry's in Raleigh has many classes - you can check them out at:http://jerrysartevents.stores.yahoo.net/jawo1.html.  Sadly I'm missing the Encaustic class today. :(


I hope to catch another class soon.


Well, enough gabbing.  Have a super juicy day!


~Peace
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment