Monday, October 26, 2009

I did it!

I actually put paint to canvas today. YAY. I worked on a Halloween painting for a party that we're having later this week while my son (who's out sick today) sat with me. I also worked on another painting that is on wood. We'll see how that turns out.

It felt good to dive in again. Get my hands dirty. I've missed it terribly. I'm a little rusty not having painted in a while, but I think it'll come back to me. I went to Jerry's Artorama yesterday and bought some brushes, a couple of new colors and rented a couple of painting videos. I'm so glad they let you rent them. I would hate to have to buy them and find out they really suck.

I'm hoping to pick up some pointers and shake loose some new ideas from the dusty recesses of my brain. I have a couple of large canvases that I want to paint and can't wait to get started.

Well, tired and don't have much for you today. Hope everyone has a chance to create something new today.

~Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment