I did some reviewing of other art blogs. There are some truly amazing artists out there. My hats off to you all. Everything from pastels to graphic artists to comics and oils. Fascinating stuff.
Many of them were folks with BFA's or in progress for graphic arts degrees. That was a path that I didn't take. I was steered towards something more 'stable' from well-meaning family. I was lost in creating since I was a child. It should have been a clue that when working in the hospital I was the one who did all the creating of displays for holidays, etc...and we always won whatever contest was occurring at the time. I used that same skill when working in the IT world as well. It was always there lurking in the background.
So I would be what you term a self-taught artist. While I've taken a few classes, I've had no formal collegiate training in art. I love to look at all types of art for inspiration: from oil painters to graffiti artists. There is so much to learn from all types of art. I love it.
I think that everyone has a spark of the urge to create. Whether it's to be the best scrap-booker to a fantastic graphic artist.
While I'm humbled by my level of experience compared to many of my contemporaries, I'm also inspired to create my 'own' art - regardless if it never graces the inside of a gallery. I will have placed a part of myself on canvas (or other surface) and had fun in the process. If whatever you do in this life isn't fun, then why bother.
Go explore other artists work and learn something new today.
~Peace
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment