It's amazing to think my youngest son is 8 years old today. He's so very excited about being another year older and for some reason '8' is the magic number. He starts 2nd grade on Wednesday. Wow.
My middle son started High School today. It's wild to think he's a Freshman. Big day! Our youngest (aka Birthday Boy) will go by his school today to find out who his teachers will be and meet them, see his classroom, etc...then it will be off to go get big brother from school. Busy, busy, busy.
I'm still very much tired from working in the yard all afternoon yesterday. I still have to edge the yard on the left side of the drive but then the front will almost be completed. (still have to put mulch out) Feel like I could go to sleep right now.
So none of that had anything to do with making art except that these things all help to make my life more beautiful and you know what they say...art imitates life! :)
Speaking of art, I'm almost done with my second commission. I'm amazed that things seem to be kicking off. I sold a painting last week and will be paid tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. I ordered new business cards to correct something that was on my first set. I updated them with a new painting picture as well.
I've got to finish my oldest son's painting. I think he'll be here for the Opening Night of the Exhibition. (I have to drop that painting off this Friday!) That being said, I want to have it ready for him when he arrives so that he can take it home.
I have another one I'm working on for one of my best friends. She's been wanting a horse painting (even though I'm not a representational artist) so I'm working on something for her. We'll see how that turns out. I hope she'll like it.
I think with the first bit of money that I earn from my painting sales I am going to install some better lighting in the studio. Right now I have to rely on a table lamp, a clamp lamp, 2 focus lamps and a large standing task Halogen lamp (the kind used in construction, etc)...not ideal since the Halogens get REALLY hot - especially in summer. Eventually I would like to get an air purifier since I work with chemicals and they do sometimes get a tad strong. We'll see.
My husband has been so very supportive. I don't know what I would do without him. The kids are really rooting me on as well. I'm honored and humbled by the outpouring of support from everyone. THANK YOU GUYS! This was a dream in my head that I thought would probably never happen. I just want to paint and if some folks want to buy my work along the way, that's just a bonus!
Dreams are funny things. They never are quite what you expect them to be if they start to pan out. I've really had a lot of ancillary work to do to keep this going. I guess I never really thought of that...but it's okay. As long as I'm creating - I'm having a good time. I do wish I had larger blocks of time in the studio but I'll take what I can get.
I've met some truly amazing artists. There are a few that I want to take classes from but will have to save some money up to attend. I've never done that and to be honest I'm a little intimidated. I did take a small painting class at a local arts center but never from professional artists. Though I'm intimidated, I still want to try it sometime.
Well, this is going to be an insane week. Birthday, Open House for 2nd grade, Freshman starting High School today (skipping Meditation tonight)...Visual Art Exchange meeting tomorrow night, Wednesday 2nd grade begins, Friday deliver my painting for the Exhibition and Sunday leave with my Freshman son for an out of town school field trip to a Sea Turtle Rescue Hospital, tour of UNC Wilmington, Fort Fisher, etc.... WOW! A ton of stuff going on. In the meantime I'm supposed to finish some paintings and take Connor to karate. A mother's work is never done...
Enough rambling...
I wish for you all an amazing day!
~Peace
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment