Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crises and cupcakes

Ah Dear Reader,
It has been a tumultuous week here at the Alexander abode. (and it's only Wednesday) I just can't wait to see what the rest of the week unfurls (insert sarcasm).


So here's the deal:

  • One mother-in-law in the hospital out of state trying to get stabilized
  • Ex-mother-in-law in the hospital in another state also trying to get stabilized
  • Husband and step-son driving to see the first
  • Both kids at home started school
  • Major unexpected expense of a laptop for middle son for school (required)
  • Friends in crisis
  • Delivering painting this week for the Exhibition I'm in on the 3rd of Sept.
  • Driving middle son and classmates for an out of town field trip on Sunday (gone for 2 days)
The icing on the cake (pardon the pun) for this week was in honor of my youngest son's Birthday on Monday, I thought it would be a great idea to take cupcakes to the Karate Dojo to share with all the kids since he didn't have a Birthday party.  Not thinking, I didn't realize that it is Ramadan and almost everyone was fasting.  I felt like SUCH a heel.  DOH!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

Anyway...the good news is that both grandmothers appear to be improving.  My paintings are slowly coming along.  I should have my step-son's painting done this week.  I am to have the 2nd commission done next week.  That will be a weight lifted.  I wanted her's done so that she doesn't have to worry about it before her wedding next month.

I'm excited to get paid for the painting I sold last week.  I have some supplies that I want to pick up.  There were some really cool new brushes out by Liquitex that I got to play with at the demo a few weeks ago at Jerry's.  I love the shorter handles so that I can hold them more comfortably in my hand.  I often buy house painting brushes because they feel better. I don't do a lot of fine detail work and if I do, I have some brushes to address that. I usually need the medium to big brushes.  I have Bob Rankin's Big Bad Brush, it's pretty good but like I said I still like Purdy brushes from Lowe's.

Anyway...I've grumbled enough.  I'm praying for things to calm down soon.  Please keep us in your prayers.

Hope you have a groovy day!

~Peace
Shelle

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and exciting life! Keep up the great work. You Go Girl! - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon - I appreciate the support. I can't wait to take a class from you - I'll keep an eye out. :)

    ReplyDelete