Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Behind Blue Eyes

Well, it's been a few days since I last posted.  We've had so much going on. (Isn't that the way of it)


Anyway, both grandmothers are on the mend.  My step-son returned to his home last night and the holiday is over.  The dust is settling and it's time to get busy.


I am to meet with my 1st real commission client today to deliver her painting. I'm so excited and nervous.  I really hope she likes it as much as I do.  I'll keep you posted.


Went shopping this weekend at my favorite art store 'Jerry's'.  Bought a bunch of supplies and I've already been painting today.  I love going to that store...it's like Christmas.


On to a big item:  The Exhibition opening on Friday night.


WOW.  I was blown away.  To walk into a gallery and see my lone painting nestled among so many fantastic painters' works made me feel both humble and honored.  Me...the one who only dreamt of something like that.  I was so nervous that I felt like I would throw up and stunned and excited all at the same time.  I didn't place on any of the awards but I didn't care.  I actually had a painting in a real life gallery - wow!!!  I would love to see my work continued to be shown at galleries but even if I never get exhibited again, I can say I did it!  Just this once.


My family and friends came with me and then later we went to The Hibernian restaurant to eat.  It was a great night.  Thank you VAE, my Friends and Family.  You rock!


I finished my large 36x60 painting for my step-son and he took it with him last night.  I think that he really liked it.  I'm glad. :)


I'm still a swirling ball of emotions right now.  Behind my eyes are so many things that I'm thinking about doing and about a series I've been encouraged to pursue.  I'm learning so much, so fast.  I'm so very thankful for every moment of it all.


Anyway...enough of me gushing....


I hope you encounter some wonderful surprise today!


~Peace
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment