So that is the hockey part.
Hair color. Yes, the big bird yellow and crayola orange hair has been fixed. (insert divine song) I went to the salon thinking they would get a good chuckle. Kindly enough, no one laughed and they were very helpful and now my hair looks like normal again. Whew! I recommend that if you want to have nice hair color go to the professionals. I've learned my lesson.
On to the ham.
Not only do I have 'hams' for sons but my visiting parents decided to bring a full sized cooked ham with them from out of state. (with additional side dishes...perhaps they thought I would not feed them...lol) Anyway, they had packed the HUGE ham in a cooler (they only live 4 hrs away). When we went to get the ham out almost all the ham juices were in the bottom of the cooler. Can you say ewwwww? Ah, the joys of travel and food. Sometimes it turns out to be a big mess. However, the ham was quite tasty. :D
So, the holiday is quickly gaining on us all. It's funny how even if you have a budget for holiday shopping you always go over. There is always someone that you did not plan on who THIS year decides to give a gift or the extra teacher, etc... I went out today to pick up some stocking stuffers. It was a zoo as usual. However, for the most part folks were fairly patient even though traffic was bad. Thank goodness we did 90% of our shopping online. I really hate to go to the mall. I've actually not stepped into one in months. This race to the finish line is exhausting and to some extent anti-climatic. I actually (NO LIE) saw a store with Valentines Day merchandise near the Christmas sales items today. VALENTINES DAY? For real????
I believe we are a society gone mad. The holiday pushes are earlier and earlier and there is less and less merchandise and they sell out quicker. But in contrast, the Christmas music starts in October. I know, there are people who love that it starts early. I just happen to not be one of them. The ironic part of it all is they start really early and the day after Christmas they take everything down and pack it away. What a let down after just having celebrated. Weird. We always left our decorations up until after New Years at least. Ah, but to each his own, right?
So...think about what crazy or weird holiday traditions you and/or your family practice. I love to hear how folks celebrate. I once had a manager that was a single mom with 2 children. I thought she had a really cool idea. Every year they drew a world holiday (for this time of year) out of a hat and celebrated it they way it is traditionally celebrated. Her thought was that it would engender tolerance and respect for other traditions, not just Western ones. I think that is a marvelous idea. What do you think?
Well, it's late and tomorrow starts a crazy but short week. Getting some rest is in order.
Have a lovely evening!
~Peace
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment