Sunday, December 5, 2010

Slow going....

So here I am, early December and haven't painted a thing in months.  (sigh)


We've had such a deluge of family crises that I've not had the time (or energy) to give to painting.  That really saddens me because I have all these ideas and then just don't quite find the time to create.


I guess we all go through times where our bank of personal time gets bankrupt. It would be wonderful to have dedicated, non-interrupted time to devote to art on a weekly basis but with a family that is a difficult thing to do.


Anyway, I did run into a friend of mine (Ophelia) at a fairly recent art convention/show (not sure what to call it).  She has such energy, such joy that she inspires me to get back on track in the studio. I'm hoping to take a class of hers soon.  She does art journaling and they are quite lovely.


What inspires you?  What brings out your inner energy onto canvas, paper, fabric, etc?  What things ignite your imagination?  I would love to hear from you.  I think we all learn so many things from one another even when our styles or media are very different.  For example, I have been drawn to street art even though that is not my style of creating. It is open and honest and bold.  I wonder about the young men or women and what they are thinking wielding their swords or in this case, spray paints.  I'm also inspired by collage artists. Bringing seemingly disparate items together and making it all work.  Very cool stuff.  There are other things as well and sometimes it varies by the day - but there is so much to spark our imaginations out there.


We've had a tad bit of snow today.  I love how the light changes when it snows and gently puts a white mantel on the earth. The way that sound is absorbed by it and how it changes us on so many levels.  (another inspiration)


So many inspirations and so little time! Alas, I just have to grab the tiger by the tail and go for it!


Think about your inspirations...I would truly love to hear from you.


~Peace
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment